Tuesday 22 September 2009

Pam Hogg



I raved about Pam Hogg's space-age Power Ranger style catsuits in my old blog, but seeing her last night on BBC Scotland's documentary about The Glasgow School of Art sent me into a lusty rebound.

Like myself, Pam was a student at the GSA. She studied Fine Art and Printed Textiles, winning numerous awards and a scholarship to London's Royal College of Art. As well as establishing herself as a cult fashion designer, she formed several punk bands, gaining support slots for groups including The Pogues, and Debbie Harry.
Her designs have been modelled by friend Siouxsie Sioux on her 2004 world tour, and have also been seen on popstars Kylie Minogue and Rihanna, indicating that Hogg's couture was finally beginning to shift from a cult market towards mainstream appreciation.



I've noticed her influence filtering down into the high street too; the other week I picked up some very Pam Hogg leggings from H&M. Good news for me, as I can't afford the real deal - Unless Pam wants to send me a metallic catsuit to model around the art school... which I don't think is such a mad, bad idea actually! Will someone have a word?

No comments:

Post a Comment