Wednesday 30 September 2009

Surrogate: Private view, 15th October




I don't hardly know where to begin. I remember, we were cruisin' home from the art gallery. I'd had such a wonderful evenin' sittin' there watchin' my art screamin' and tearin' her hair out and carryin' on. She was sooo full of life. Then... Well, we were about three miles from home when all of a sudden it started to rain. And I do mean rain - I couldn't hardly see nuthin'! Well, we kept drivin' for about another mile when all of a sudden I see this stalled car right smack in front of me! Well, I wasn’t about to slam on the brakes 'cause I didn't have none to start to with. So I swerved to the left, and what do I see? Some mush-head, on a motorcycle, headin' right at us! And I knew at last, me and my art were about to meet the leader of the pack.

Well, when I come to I looked around, and there was the leader, and there was the pack, and over there was my art. And over there was my art. And way over there was my art! I want my art back, gotta have my art back, I miss her oh, so much, can't live without her touch.[wind, digging] It's been many months now since that fateful night, and you know somethin', I've tried, believe me I have tried - but I just can't make it without my art. So, I've decided I'm gonna have back her one way or another. Oh art, I dig you so much. A-heh-heh! [thud] Hot dang - pay dirt! [creaky door opening, shuffling, creaky door closing][Muffled:]

I got my art back, now I got my art back, I love her oh, so much, can't live without her touch, I got my art back.









:an exhibition at the Triangle shopping centre, Manchester featuring work by Sam Derounian, Josh Duncan, Ross Little, Tom Marshallsay, Claudia Nova, Hannes Hellstrom and Max Prus.

No comments:

Post a Comment